WEDDINGS AT TUMBLING WATERS
A unique location just 60 minutes South of Sydney CBD where the Mountains meet the Ocean.
Explore our Exquisite NSW Wedding Venue Near Wollongong
Tumbling Waters Retreat is located on the South Coast to the North of Wollongong, arguably one of the most beautiful wedding venues Sydney has to offer!
Private gardens with an ocean backdrop, perfect for a garden wedding ceremony, and beautiful photos. The bespoke sandstone reception centre with floor to ceiling windows command breathtaking ocean and rainforest views.
Exquisite cuisine, luxury accommodation …… the perfect one-stop destination wedding venue.
Our handpicked team of professionals and dedicated wedding coordinator will ensure your day is a huge success. Catering from 30-140 guests
60 minutes south of Sydney CBD and two and a half hours from Canberra. Venue inspections by appointment only and are usually on a Saturday from 11.30 am -1.30 pm.
All the information about our prices, packages on offer, menus etc can be found below.
Every aspect of your special day is covered.
Experienced dedicated Wedding Coordinator
Private gardens with ocean views
Wedding arbor sandstone aisle chairs signing table
Use of Retreat decorations or enjoy the freedom of adding your own decorations
Outdoor undercover terrace areas decks outdoor lounges
Granite dance floor plan B inclement weather for your ceremony
*Luxury accommodation stay the night with your *brides maids get ready onsite
*12 rooms / suites. * additional charge applies.
Gourmet catering, premium unlimited alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages all inclusive packages
BYO spirits and beer permitted, all our tariffs include corkage.
Beautiful photo locations all onsite
We host one wedding at a time.
Unlimited free parking
Stress free weddings operating since 2002
ONE STOP WEDDING DESTINATION VENUE
You can add as little or as much of your personal touches as you wish. Or don’t lift a finger, go and relax and we’ll do everything to make your wedding the event of a lifetime. As your guests arrive, the wow factor sets the standard for your whole event.
Featuring luxury accommodation, the perfect ambiance to relax & unwind, and prepare for your wedding day. * Minimum 2 night stays apply.
With over 1100 weddings under our belt, our experienced team will ensure your wedding is stress free and a huge success.
Tumbling Waters Retreat
Exclusive use of the downstairs function area, glass atrium and ground floor terrace area, everything you need for your function to be a huge success.
The bespoke details to the contemporary furnishings we can cater for a small, intimate wedding with 30 guests all the way to larger affairs 140 guests. Our dedicated well organised, experienced team will ensure your day is a huge success.
We make sure that there are no hidden extras, so you can focus on the fun stuff, knowing that everything is covered.
Our award-winning kitchen sets the standard for the food at the venue, and we take pride in delivering delicious cuisine for your dream wedding.
Tumbling Waters Retreat all-inclusive.
- Stunning private ceremony location with a wedding arbour you are free to leave raw or add your decorations.
- Manicured gardens with an ocean backdrop, signing table, 20 Tiffany chairs, outdoor Bose sound system.
- Arrival beverages before your wedding ceremony.
- Ornamental pond stunning photo opportunities. Onsite parking with an abundance of parking spots available adjacent the retreat.
- Terrace area and deck, ambient garden lighting, outdoor fireplace, day beds, cushions, iced water drinking stations,
- Included inside the reception area is the retreats bespoke decor. Retreats table cloths, matching napkins an abundance of candles & succulents from our garden. Cocktail dispensers, complimentary cake cutting, cake table knife and wishing well.
- Wedding cake Belgium chocolate cake if selected as the dessert option with the package of your choice.
- Corkage is also included should you wish to BYO spirits and beer
Of course, it wouldn't be a party without our sandstone and glass dance floor, Bose surround sound system, lectern, pa and microphone for the speeches.
Duration 1.5 hours $1100 Mon - Thurs and $1750 Fri - Sun + $20 per personFIND OUT MORE
Venue Hire Fee Fri/ Sat/ Sun $2750 & Mon-Thurs $1800 + package of your choice.FIND OUT MORE
6 hours duration $225 per person + ceremony / venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
5 hours duration $195 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
4 hours duration $175 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
6 hours duration $198 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
5 hours duration $170 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
4.5 hours Duration $168 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
4 hours duration $130 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
One hour Garden Ceremony, includes Marriage Celebrate , Photos, Accommodation & Dining on the Edge. $3750FIND OUT MORE
One hour duration +$20 per person + venue hire includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
Planning your event
We know how important it is for brides to be, wedding planners and function organisers to have as much information as possible about a venue. To help as much as possible, we have put together an overview of prices and event information for you.
- Tumbling Waters Retreat Luxury Ocean suites & rooms designed for couples bookings on-line. https://www.tumblingwatersretreat.com/accommodation/#rooms
- Amanzi Stanwell Park 5 minutes from Tumbling Waters Retreat owned and operated by Tumbling Waters Retreat Luxury accommodation located right on the Beach in Stanwell Park perfect honeymoon abode - accommodates 1 couple only. https://www.tumblingwatersretreat.com/accommodation/exclusive-beach-suite/
- Beachhaven Luxury Accommodation – 5 star by the sea in Bundeena can accommodate 2 couples 35 minutes from Tumbling Waters Retreat www.beachhavenbnb.com.au –Phone:02 9544 1333 email@example.com
- Tops Stay Walking Distance from Tumbling Waters can accommodate 2 couples call 0419 499 204 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stanwell Park Beach Pad https://abnb.me/gLOV8Ce3bZ
- ‘Stanwell Park Beach Cottage’ http://www.stanwellparkbeach.com
- The Tops Conference centre at Stanwell Tops is 5 minutes away from Tumbling Waters. The Retreat and Baronia has executive style accommodations.
Bookings are best made well in advance catering 20-500 guests.
- Otford Cottage Bed & Breakfast – Phone: 02 42942218, Mobile phone: 0431 615 941
- Leafy Sea Cottage Stanwell Park 0405 463 015 www.leafyseacottage.com.au
- Stanwell Park Getaway House 0466307771 email@example.com
- Stanwell Park Beachhouse accommodates 6 guests contact. Phone: 0418 574 068
- Fernleigh Cottage Stanwell Park. Phone: 4294 1991 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ocean Blue https://oceanbluebnb.com/info/
- Interbane Mansion private room with Ocean views 3 minute drive from Tumbling Waters email@example.com
We can highly recommend the following professionals
- Catherine Kennedy https://www.yoursydneycelebrant.com.au/
- Amanda Knapton Civil Marriage Celebrant 0409 658 743 www.acelebrationday.com.au
- Carol Kortlepel – Phone: 0417 717 359 – www.getmarried.com.au
- Mitch Bell Civil Celebrant Ceremonies by Mitch 0415 553 313 www.ceremoniesbymitch.com.au
- Kathleen O'Grady www.FirstClassCelebrant.com.au Kathy@FirstClassCelebrant.com.au
- John Brooks 0434 840 426 …Fun loving older guy no website casual surfer
- Dr Trish Vezgoff – Phone: 0438672305 celebrant www.stylishceremonies.com.au
- Carol Clews – Mob: 0412 090 497 – Phone: 02 42842950
- Kerry Gregory – Phone: 0403 111 948 – www.kerrygregory.com, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 嚴老師 (Jacqueline Yen ) 悉尼華裔法定結婚公證人 (Sydney Chinese Registered Marriage Celebrant)電子郵件： email@example.com行動電話： 0400 825 868 (mobile number)
- The Flower Guys firstname.lastname@example.org www.theflowerguys.com.au * highly recommended Joe from the flower guys in Taren Point lives at Stanwell Tops and can meet you onsite
- Helensburgh Flowers Bear Trader https://www.beartrader.com.au/contact
- Shique Floral Design in Shellharbour Village email@example.com p (02) 42961010
- Anita Brown Pepe,s Garden www.pepesgarden.com.au firstname.lastname@example.org 0414 191 986
- Biljana Kolodziej Dream Creations & Designs Mobile: 0420 659 326 www.dreamcreationsanddesigns.com.au
Joshua Witheford : email@example.com 0412 814 474 Web: www.joshuawitheford.com
- Darryn McKay Mobile 0403 822 281 Website: http://www.mckayphotography.com.au
- Siempre www.siempre.com.au
- Creek Street Photography Ronny 0408 466 005 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.creekstreet.com.au
- Morris IMAGES http://www.morrisimages.com.au/ email@example.com
- Vincent Lai Photography firstname.lastname@example.org 0412 611 164. www.vincentlai.com.au
- Unicorn Studios Melanie Russell – Mob: 0418257680 – Email: email@example.com – www.unicornstudios.com.au
Laura Vagheggi www.dragonflyproductions.com.au
In a maze Handcrafted Wedding Films | inamaze.com.au
Photobooth / Music DJ
- PhotoboothME – Classic style photobooths with today’s technology.Contact Natasha on 0401 193 231 or firstname.lastname@example.org www.photoboothme.com.au
- Musiq Entertainment – for DJ/MC with over 10 years wedding experience – combine with photo booth booking for best value. Contact Rupert on 0412 024 012 or email@example.com www.musiq.com.au
- Giggle Booth E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.gigglebooth.com.au
- Anthony Hughes Musician, acoustic singer and DJ – www.divineproductions.com.au
- Darren Coggan – Guitarist / Music – Mob: 0412 974 391 email@example.com http://www.darrencoggan.com ……
- Clear Strings – Wedding Music Specialists –www.clearstrings.com – 0408443585
- Joey and the Boy – Solo, Duo or Trio – music that gets everyone up dancing – Mob: 0407977307 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.joeyandtheboy.com.au
- Moussa Rose classical guitar mood setting Tania has the voice of a Angel (highly recommended) – Phone: 02 4657 2863 – www.artscopemusic.com.au/bio.html
- Rodney Cockle guitar lie music – Phone: 0418 655 844 – Email: email@example.com
- Rob Kennedy DJ and MC excellent rates,Robrock Productions – Mob:0411508465 – www.robrockproductions.com.au
- Express Entertainment – Mobile DJ – Phone: 9576 1222 – Mob: Dino 0418243188 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.expressentertainment.com.au
- Rob and Darryl – Duo team – Mob: 0402 000644
- ylvia Legowski – Harpist – Mob: 0419 816 847
- Southern Strings – String Quartet – www.southernstrings.com.au
- Lionel Robinson – Musician – Mob: 0425 268 893
- The Tatum Co Trio – Three Piece Band – Phone: Robyn 02 4226 3149, Adam 02 4221 4758 – Mob: Robyn 0414 706 090, Adam 0414 608 060 – Email: email@example.com – www.thetatumcotrio.com
- Pop Beat Blues Promotions – Phone: 02 4256 2334 – Mob: 0414 633 614
- Wayne Brown – Mob: 0414 633 614 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.popbeatblues.com.au
- Jodie www.jodiestubbs.com Mob: 0415 766 783 Email: email@example.com
- Jonathan Collins Singer, Guitarist, Session Player, DJ, MC 0468 741 048 Music Page: facebook.com/whoiscollins
- Diamond Strings Violin Duo
Phone 0423 496 333
Hair and Make Up
- Carina Labelle Boutique www.labelleboutique.com.au Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Making faces – www.makingfacesmakeup.com.au
- Peta Niche Hair & Beauty email@example.com www.nichehairandbeauty.com.au 0401 005 804
- Macarthur Makeup by Angie 0426951377 www.macarthurmakeup.com.au firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kiara Mucci. http://www.kiaramucci.com/wedding-design/
- Pinnacle Design Studio – Create. Innovate. Inspire. – Phone: (02) 8517 0908 or 0405 362 650- www.pinnacledesignstudio.com.au – email@example.com
- Js Indulgence The most beautiful tasting chocolates www.jsindulgence.com.au.
- VALLEY FAIR CANDLES http://www.valleyfaircandles.com/ will deliver to Tumbling Waters ….the perfect little gift to say thank you.
All Local Taxi , transport services must be booked well in advance.
Driver available to book call Warren on 0419415660 must book in advance.
Taxi can transport up to 7 people lionel 0403820760 firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Potter 0418 694 254
- Helensburgh ride share Email: email@example.com
- Maxi Cab – seats 11 people – Mob: 0411 573 365
- Taxi – Mob: 0416 293 854
- South Coast scenic Tours – ( 20 seater bus ) www.scstours.com.au 0408 171 515
- Leisure Coast Limousine and luxury Mini Coaches – Phone: 4261 7393 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.leisurecoastlimousine.com.au
- Global limousines Tristan Ware – Phone: 0434 555 466 – Email: email@example.com
- Burkes Coaches – Mob: 0412 426 869
- East Coast mini bus hire 02 9540 5830 mob 0428 161 310
- Warrigal Charters – Wollongong – Mathew Patridge – Mob: 0414 725538 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.wollongongbushire.com.au
- Telfords Bus and Coach – Phone: 8580 3515 –
- Your Chauffeur – Car service – Phone: 0419 444 509 From Sutherland Shire area
- Alan Barnes Coaches Sutherland Shire – Phone: 0401 0203 94
- Roll up in a rolls www.rollupinarolls.com.au
If your guests are arriving by bus please inform the bus company they must not leave their engine running as it disturbs nearby residents. The bus must park as close to the retreat as possible. Wollongong Council has prohibited Tumbling Water Retreat to make any noise at night what so ever, this includes the reversal warning alarm installed on all buses. We ask that bus use the car parking area adjacent Tumbling Waters to turn around in.
Tumbling Waters is less than 60 min by train from Sydney CBD closest station- Helensburgh
- Helensburgh Railway station – Phone: 02 4223 5864 – www.cityrail.com.au
- Lana bubbly cakes Www.bubblycakes.com.au
- Willow Hill Cakes 0418446010 email@example.com
- Joan Lucas – Mob: 0416 026 106 firstname.lastname@example.org Joan lives about 20 minutes from Tumbling Waters and also specialises in last minute dress alterations!
- A $2750 fee is required to secure your booking FRI / SAT / SUN or $1800 MON - THURSDAY and is an acknowledgement of all the terms and conditions for booking a function at Tumbling Waters Retreat.
- Final payment is due 21 days prior to your reception/function date. Payment can be made by direct transfer into Tumbling Waters Retreat Bank Account. Should you wish to pay by credit card there is an additional surcharge of 1.5% on the final cost.
- Confirmation of final guest numbers is required 21 days prior to the function together with final payment. This will be the minimum number of guests charged for.
- For security reasons a copy of a valid credit card must be supplied to TWR Management and the owner of the property reserves the right to debit the credit card for any outstanding funds, loss or damage to the property and business caused by clients / guests/ subcontractors, before, during or following a function.
- The wedding commences when guests arrive as per the agreed time and ends when the wedding concludes all must guests leave.
- An additional fee of $600.00 per hour or part there of will be charged if guests fail to leave at the agreed completion time.
- It is anticipated ( not essential ) that you may need about 1 hour in total of onsite meeting with our wedding coordinator to familiarize with our style of operation should you require more on site meetings greater than the above, a charge of $75 per hour will apply.
- In the event of early cancellation, greater than 1 year from the booked date a fee of $1000.00 will be charged.
- Functions cancelled within 12 months of the booked date will be charged the full fee used to secure the reservation.
- Midweek date changes Monday - Thursday incur a $750 fee.
- Weekend date changes Friday, Saturday and Sunday will incur a fee of $1250
- If a wedding date has been changed and then subsequently cancelled the full venue hire fee and the date change fee will be charged.
- Functions cancelled within 30 days of the event will incur the full tariff payable for the function.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Menus may change due to seasonal availability.
- Tumbling Waters Retreat is situated in a residential area, there are certain noise level restrictions to which we must adhere, and therefore function times cannot extend beyond 9:00 pm on Sundays and 11:00 pm Monday to Saturday.
- Due to Council Regulations loud outside amplified music is not permitted.
- If your guests are arriving by bus we will need to know in advance the contact details of the bus company. As we need to instruct them to not leave their engine running as it disturbs nearby residents and they must park as close to the retreat as possible
- All outside contractors must produce evidence of current public liability insurance.
- All photographers / videographers etc must keep well away from ‘DANGEROUS areas’, this includes the entire edge of the escarpment.
- Once the function has commenced and guests are served alcohol, the ornamental pool area is strictly out of bounds to function guests (except the bridal party during photography).
- No children are permitted in the pool areas at any time.
- At Tumbling Waters we practice the responsible service of alcohol. One alcoholic beverage at a time will be served to the person who is consuming the beverage.
- Alcohol will not be supplied to intoxicated or under age persons. .
- Should it become necessary to contact security for misbehavior by guests, all costs incurred will be passed on to the function organizers.
- As Tumbling Waters Retreat is a fully licensed venue, function organizers are not permitted to supply their own food unless prior consent has been given by Tumbling Waters Retreat Management. Please note: package prices remain unchanged should guests decide to BYO alcohol and / or food.
- Damage caused to any property of Tumbling Waters Retreat by guests is the responsibility of the function organiser. Tumbling Waters Retreat does not accept responsibility for the damage or loss of property hired and / or owned by others during the course of, or after any function.
- As we are located on the edge of an escarpment with a natural waterfall, children must be supervised by an adult at all times, the total responsibility for the safety and care of the children during the entire duration of the event will be that of the parents and not Tumbling Waters Retreat in any way whatsoever) – An acknowledgement of responsibility and indemnity form will need to be signed by the parents prior to the commencement of the function.
- The natural pool is dependent upon weather conditions for its water capacity. Tumbling Waters Retreat can bear no responsibility for the play of nature.
- The bridal party must bid their guests farewell inside the dining area / atrium lower deck area and not in the car park.
- Guests must leave in a quiet and orderly manner so as not to disturb nearby residents – No beeping of horns etc. The Master of Ceremonies must mention this on completion of the reception and must be present to assist with the quiet and orderly departure of guests.
- Should Tumbling Waters Retreat receive a fine by Wollongong City Council due to excessive noise caused by guests attending the function; this fine will then be passed onto function organizer.
- Should the accommodation be booked by the bridal party or wedding guests, there is strictly no partying in guest’s suites after the function ends. A 50% deposit for all accommodation will need to be paid when the accommodation is booked – failure to pay the 50% deposit will result in no confirmation of the accommodation booking.
- The owners reserve the right to make changes to improve the business / property at their own discretion.
- Parking onsite is at your own risk.
- Tumbling Waters Retreat cannot accept any responsibility & refund for natural weather related events.
In the case of fire / natural disaster we will postpone / reschedule your wedding / accommodation to the next available date that is suitable to both parties. The retreat has a very good fire defence system with over 300 000 litres of water stored onsite and we work closely with the RFS - your safety is our priority.
Available Saturdays 2020
September 12th 26th 2020
October 3rd 2020
2021 We still have plenty of dates Midweek Monday -Fridays & some Sundays are still available. Please email Tumbling Waters Retreat to check availability
Available Saturdays 2021
January 2021 - nil Saturdays
February 2021- nil Saturdays
March 2021 nil Saturdays
April 2021 10th
May 2021 15th, 29th
June 2021 5th 12th 19th
July 2021 Fully booked
August 2021 14th 21st 28th
September 2021 4th 11th 18th and 25th
October 2021 16th 30th
November 2021 13th 20th 27th
December 2021 11th and 18th
We recommend you visit the retreat as soon as possible if you are considering Tumbling Waters Retreat as a venue, please note we only do 1 wedding reception per day and place limits on the amount of weddings we host per week.
Venue inspections are by appointment only. Please email Tumbling Waters Retreat