WEDDINGS AT TUMBLING WATERS
A unique location just 60 minutes South of Sydney CBD where the Mountains meet the Ocean.
Explore our Exquisite NSW Wedding Venue Near Wollongong
Tumbling Waters Retreat is located on the South Coast to the North of Wollongong, arguably one of the most beautiful wedding venues Sydney has to offer!
Private gardens with an ocean backdrop, perfect for a garden wedding ceremony, and beautiful photos. The bespoke sandstone reception centre with floor to ceiling windows command breathtaking ocean and rainforest views.
Exquisite cuisine, luxury accommodation …… the perfect one-stop destination wedding venue.
Our handpicked team of professionals and dedicated wedding coordinator will ensure your day is a huge success. Catering from 30-140 guests
60 minutes south of Sydney CBD and two and a half hours from Canberra. Venue inspections by appointment only and are usually on a Saturday from 11.30 am -1.30 pm.
All the information about our prices, packages on offer, menus etc can be found below.
Every aspect of your special day is covered.
Experienced dedicated Wedding Coordinator
Private gardens with ocean views
Wedding arbor sandstone aisle chairs signing table
Use of Retreat decorations or enjoy the freedom of adding your own decorations
Outdoor undercover terrace areas decks outdoor lounges
Granite dance floor plan B inclement weather for your ceremony
*Luxury accommodation stay the night with your *brides maids get ready onsite
*12 rooms / suites. * additional charge applies.
Gourmet catering, premium unlimited alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages all inclusive packages
BYO spirits and beer permitted, all our tariffs include corkage.
Beautiful photo locations all onsite
We host one wedding at a time.
Unlimited free parking
Stress free weddings operating since 2002
ONE STOP WEDDING DESTINATION VENUE
You can add as little or as much of your personal touches as you wish. Or don’t lift a finger, go and relax and we’ll do everything to make your wedding the event of a lifetime. As your guests arrive, the wow factor sets the standard for your whole event.
Featuring luxury accommodation, the perfect ambiance to relax & unwind, and prepare for your wedding day. * Minimum 2 night stays apply.
With over 1100 weddings under our belt, our experienced team will ensure your wedding is stress free and a huge success.
Tumbling Waters Retreat
Exclusive use of the downstairs function area, glass atrium and ground floor terrace area, everything you need for your function to be a huge success.
The bespoke details to the contemporary furnishings we can cater for a small, intimate wedding with 30 guests all the way to larger affairs 140 guests. Our dedicated well organised, experienced team will ensure your day is a huge success.
We make sure that there are no hidden extras, so you can focus on the fun stuff, knowing that everything is covered.
Our award-winning kitchen sets the standard for the food at the venue, and we take pride in delivering delicious cuisine for your dream wedding.
Tumbling Waters Retreat all-inclusive.
- Stunning private ceremony location with a wedding arbour you are free to leave raw or add your decorations.
- Manicured gardens with an ocean backdrop, signing table, 20 Tiffany chairs, outdoor Bose sound system.
- Arrival beverages before your wedding ceremony.
- Ornamental pond stunning photo opportunities. Onsite parking with an abundance of parking spots available adjacent the retreat.
- Terrace area and deck, ambient garden lighting, outdoor fireplace, day beds, cushions, iced water drinking stations,
- Included inside the reception area is the retreats bespoke decor. Retreats table cloths, matching napkins an abundance of candles & succulents from our garden. Cocktail dispensers, complimentary cake cutting, cake table knife and wishing well.
- Wedding cake Belgium chocolate cake if selected as the dessert option with the package of your choice.
- Corkage is also included should you wish to BYO spirits and beer
Of course, it wouldn't be a party without our sandstone and glass dance floor, Bose surround sound system, lectern, pa and microphone for the speeches.
Duration 1.5 hours $1100 Mon - Thurs and $1750 Fri - Sun + $20 per personFIND OUT MORE
Venue Hire Fee Fri/ Sat/ Sun $2750 & Mon-Thurs $1800 + package of your choice.FIND OUT MORE
6 hours duration $225 per person + ceremony / venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
5 hours duration $195 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
4 hours duration $175 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
6 hours duration $198 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
5 hours duration $170 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
4.5 hour duration $168 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
4.5 hours Duration $158 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
4 hours duration $130 per person + ceremony venue hire fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
One hour Garden Ceremony, includes Marriage Celebrate , Photos, Accommodation & Dining on the Edge. $2750FIND OUT MORE
Planning your event
We know how important it is for brides to be, wedding planners and function organisers to have as much information as possible about a venue. To help as much as possible, we have put together an overview of prices and event information for you.
- Tumbling Waters Retreat Luxury Ocean suites & rooms designed for couples bookings on-line. https://www.tumblingwatersretreat.com/accommodation/#rooms
- Amanzi Stanwell Park 5 minutes from Tumbling Waters Retreat owned and operated by Tumbling Waters Retreat Luxury accommodation located right on the Beach in Stanwell Park perfect honeymoon abode - accommodates 1 couple only. https://www.tumblingwatersretreat.com/accommodation/exclusive-beach-suite/
- Beachhaven Luxury Accommodation – 5 star by the sea in Bundeena can accommodate 2 couples 35 minutes from Tumbling Waters Retreat www.beachhavenbnb.com.au –Phone:02 9544 1333 email@example.com
- Tops Stay Walking Distance from Tumbling Waters can accommodate 2 couples call 0419 499 204 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stanwell Park Beach Pad https://abnb.me/gLOV8Ce3bZ
- ‘Stanwell Park Beach Cottage’ http://www.stanwellparkbeach.com
- The Tops Conference centre at Stanwell Tops is 5 minutes away from Tumbling Waters. The Retreat and Baronia has executive style accommodations.
Bookings are best made well in advance catering 20-500 guests.
- Otford Cottage Bed & Breakfast – Phone: 02 42942218, Mobile phone: 0431 615 941
- Leafy Sea Cottage Stanwell Park 0405 463 015 www.leafyseacottage.com.au
- Stanwell Park Getaway House 0466307771 email@example.com
- Stanwell Park Beachhouse accommodates 6 guests contact. Phone: 0418 574 068
- Fernleigh Cottage Stanwell Park. Phone: 4294 1991 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ocean Blue https://oceanbluebnb.com/info/
- Interbane Mansion private room with Ocean views 3 minute drive from Tumbling Waters email@example.com
We can highly recommend the following professionals
- Catherine Kennedy https://www.yoursydneycelebrant.com.au/
- Amanda Knapton Civil Marriage Celebrant 0409 658 743 www.acelebrationday.com.au
- Carol Kortlepel – Phone: 0417 717 359 – www.getmarried.com.au
- Mitch Bell Civil Celebrant Ceremonies by Mitch 0415 553 313 www.ceremoniesbymitch.com.au
- Kathleen O'Grady www.FirstClassCelebrant.com.au Kathy@FirstClassCelebrant.com.au
- John Brooks 0434 840 426 …Fun loving older guy no website casual surfer
- Dr Trish Vezgoff – Phone: 0438672305 celebrant www.stylishceremonies.com.au
- Carol Clews – Mob: 0412 090 497 – Phone: 02 42842950
- Kerry Gregory – Phone: 0403 111 948 – www.kerrygregory.com, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 嚴老師 (Jacqueline Yen ) 悉尼華裔法定結婚公證人 (Sydney Chinese Registered Marriage Celebrant)電子郵件： email@example.com行動電話： 0400 825 868 (mobile number)
- The Flower Guys firstname.lastname@example.org www.theflowerguys.com.au * highly recommended Joe from the flower guys in Taren Point lives at Stanwell Tops and can meet you onsite
- Helensburgh Flowers Bear Trader https://www.beartrader.com.au/contact
- Shique Floral Design in Shellharbour Village email@example.com p (02) 42961010
- Anita Brown Pepe,s Garden www.pepesgarden.com.au firstname.lastname@example.org 0414 191 986
- Biljana Kolodziej Dream Creations & Designs Mobile: 0420 659 326 www.dreamcreationsanddesigns.com.au
- Peter Izzard 0431 776 036 * www.peterizzardphotography.com.au
- Anna Blackman Images http://annablackman.com.au/ Bookings: 4268 2992
Joshua Witheford : email@example.com 0412 814 474 Web: www.joshuawitheford.com
- Darryn McKay Mobile 0403 822 281 Website: http://www.mckayphotography.com.au
- Siempre www.siempre.com.au
- Creek Street Photography Ronny 0408 466 005 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.creekstreet.com.au
- Morris IMAGES http://www.morrisimages.com.au/ email@example.com
- Vincent Lai Photography firstname.lastname@example.org 0412 611 164. www.vincentlai.com.au
- Unicorn Studios Melanie Russell – Mob: 0418257680 – Email: email@example.com – www.unicornstudios.com.au
Laura Vagheggi www.dragonflyproductions.com.au
In a maze Handcrafted Wedding Films | inamaze.com.au
Photobooth / Music DJ
- PhotoboothME – Classic style photobooths with today’s technology.Contact Natasha on 0401 193 231 or firstname.lastname@example.org www.photoboothme.com.au
- Musiq Entertainment – for DJ/MC with over 10 years wedding experience – combine with photo booth booking for best value. Contact Rupert on 0412 024 012 or email@example.com www.musiq.com.au
- Giggle Booth E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.gigglebooth.com.au
- Anthony Hughes Musician, acoustic singer and DJ – www.divineproductions.com.au
- Darren Coggan – Guitarist / Music – Mob: 0412 974 391 email@example.com http://www.darrencoggan.com ……
- Clear Strings – Wedding Music Specialists –www.clearstrings.com – 0408443585
- Joey and the Boy – Solo, Duo or Trio – music that gets everyone up dancing – Mob: 0407977307 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.joeyandtheboy.com.au
- Moussa Rose classical guitar mood setting Tania has the voice of a Angel (highly recommended) – Phone: 02 4657 2863 – www.artscopemusic.com.au/bio.html
- Rodney Cockle guitar lie music – Phone: 0418 655 844 – Email: email@example.com
- Rob Kennedy DJ and MC excellent rates,Robrock Productions – Mob:0411508465 – www.robrockproductions.com.au
- Express Entertainment – Mobile DJ – Phone: 9576 1222 – Mob: Dino 0418243188 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.expressentertainment.com.au
- Rob and Darryl – Duo team – Mob: 0402 000644
- ylvia Legowski – Harpist – Mob: 0419 816 847
- Southern Strings – String Quartet – www.southernstrings.com.au
- Lionel Robinson – Musician – Mob: 0425 268 893
- The Tatum Co Trio – Three Piece Band – Phone: Robyn 02 4226 3149, Adam 02 4221 4758 – Mob: Robyn 0414 706 090, Adam 0414 608 060 – Email: email@example.com – www.thetatumcotrio.com
- Pop Beat Blues Promotions – Phone: 02 4256 2334 – Mob: 0414 633 614
- Wayne Brown – Mob: 0414 633 614 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.popbeatblues.com.au
- Jodie www.jodiestubbs.com Mob: 0415 766 783 Email: email@example.com
- Jonathan Collins Singer, Guitarist, Session Player, DJ, MC 0468 741 048 Music Page: facebook.com/whoiscollins
- Diamond Strings Violin Duo
Phone 0423 496 333
Hair and Make Up
- Carina Labelle Boutique www.labelleboutique.com.au Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Making faces – www.makingfacesmakeup.com.au
- Peta Niche Hair & Beauty email@example.com www.nichehairandbeauty.com.au 0401 005 804
- Macarthur Makeup by Angie 0426951377 www.macarthurmakeup.com.au firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kiara Mucci. http://www.kiaramucci.com/wedding-design/
- Pinnacle Design Studio – Create. Innovate. Inspire. – Phone: (02) 8517 0908 or 0405 362 650- www.pinnacledesignstudio.com.au – email@example.com
- Js Indulgence The most beautiful tasting chocolates www.jsindulgence.com.au.
- VALLEY FAIR CANDLES http://www.valleyfaircandles.com/ will deliver to Tumbling Waters ….the perfect little gift to say thank you.
All Local Taxi , transport services must be booked well in advance.
Driver available to book call Warren on 0419415660 must book in advance.
Taxi can transport up to 7 people lionel 0403820760 firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Potter 0418 694 254
- Helensburgh ride share Email: email@example.com
- Maxi Cab – seats 11 people – Mob: 0411 573 365
- Taxi – Mob: 0416 293 854
- South Coast scenic Tours – ( 20 seater bus ) www.scstours.com.au 0408 171 515
- Leisure Coast Limousine and luxury Mini Coaches – Phone: 4261 7393 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.leisurecoastlimousine.com.au
- Global limousines Tristan Ware – Phone: 0434 555 466 – Email: email@example.com
- Burkes Coaches – Mob: 0412 426 869
- East Coast mini bus hire 02 9540 5830 mob 0428 161 310
- Warrigal Charters – Wollongong – Mathew Patridge – Mob: 0414 725538 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.wollongongbushire.com.au
- Telfords Bus and Coach – Phone: 8580 3515 –
- Your Chauffeur – Car service – Phone: 0419 444 509 From Sutherland Shire area
- Alan Barnes Coaches Sutherland Shire – Phone: 0401 0203 94
- Roll up in a rolls www.rollupinarolls.com.au
If your guests are arriving by bus please inform the bus company they must not leave their engine running as it disturbs nearby residents. The bus must park as close to the retreat as possible. Wollongong Council has prohibited Tumbling Water Retreat to make any noise at night what so ever, this includes the reversal warning alarm installed on all buses. We ask that bus use the car parking area adjacent Tumbling Waters to turn around in.
Tumbling Waters is less than 60 min by train from Sydney CBD closest station- Helensburgh
- Helensburgh Railway station – Phone: 02 4223 5864 – www.cityrail.com.au
- Lana bubbly cakes Www.bubblycakes.com.au
- Willow Hill Cakes 0418446010 email@example.com
- Joan Lucas – Mob: 0416 026 106 firstname.lastname@example.org Joan lives about 20 minutes from Tumbling Waters and also specialises in last minute dress alterations!
- A $2750 fee is required to secure your booking FRI / SAT / SUN or $1800 MON - THURSDAY and is an acknowledgement of all the terms and conditions for booking a function at Tumbling Waters Retreat.
- Final payment is due 21 days prior to your reception/function date. Payment can be made by direct transfer into Tumbling Waters Retreat Bank Account. Should you wish to pay by credit card there is an additional surcharge of 1.5% on the final cost.
- Confirmation of final guest numbers is required 21 days prior to the function together with final payment. This will be the minimum number of guests charged for.
- For security reasons a copy of a valid credit card must be supplied to TWR Management and the owner of the property reserves the right to debit the credit card for any outstanding funds, loss or damage to the property and business caused by clients / guests/ subcontractors, before, during or following a function.
- The wedding commences when guests arrive as per the agreed time and ends when the wedding concludes all must guests leave.
- An additional fee of $600.00 per hour or part there of will be charged if guests fail to leave at the agreed completion time.
- It is anticipated ( not essential ) that you may need about 1 hour in total of onsite meeting with our wedding coordinator to familiarize with our style of operation should you require more on site meetings greater than the above, a charge of $75 per hour will apply.
- In the event of early cancellation, greater than 1 year from the booked date a fee of $1000.00 will be charged.
- Functions cancelled within 12 months of the booked date will be charged the full fee used to secure the reservation.
- Midweek date changes Monday - Thursday incur a $750 fee.
- Weekend date changes Friday, Saturday and Sunday will incur a fee of $1250
- If a wedding date has been changed and then subsequently cancelled the full venue hire fee and the date change fee will be charged.
- Functions cancelled within 30 days of the event will incur the full tariff payable for the function.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Menus may change due to seasonal availability.
- Tumbling Waters Retreat is situated in a residential area, there are certain noise level restrictions to which we must adhere, and therefore function times cannot extend beyond 9:00 pm on Sundays and 11:00 pm Monday to Saturday.
- Due to Council Regulations loud outside amplified music is not permitted.
- If your guests are arriving by bus we will need to know in advance the contact details of the bus company. As we need to instruct them to not leave their engine running as it disturbs nearby residents and they must park as close to the retreat as possible
- All outside contractors must produce evidence of current public liability insurance.
- All photographers / videographers etc must keep well away from ‘DANGEROUS areas’, this includes the entire edge of the escarpment.
- Once the function has commenced and guests are served alcohol, the ornamental pool area is strictly out of bounds to function guests (except the bridal party during photography).
- No children are permitted in the pool areas at any time.
- At Tumbling Waters we practice the responsible service of alcohol. One alcoholic beverage at a time will be served to the person who is consuming the beverage.
- Alcohol will not be supplied to intoxicated or under age persons. .
- Should it become necessary to contact security for misbehavior by guests, all costs incurred will be passed on to the function organizers.
- As Tumbling Waters Retreat is a fully licensed venue, function organizers are not permitted to supply their own food unless prior consent has been given by Tumbling Waters Retreat Management. Please note: package prices remain unchanged should guests decide to BYO alcohol and / or food.
- Damage caused to any property of Tumbling Waters Retreat by guests is the responsibility of the function organiser. Tumbling Waters Retreat does not accept responsibility for the damage or loss of property hired and / or owned by others during the course of, or after any function.
- As we are located on the edge of an escarpment with a natural waterfall, children must be supervised by an adult at all times, the total responsibility for the safety and care of the children during the entire duration of the event will be that of the parents and not Tumbling Waters Retreat in any way whatsoever) – An acknowledgement of responsibility and indemnity form will need to be signed by the parents prior to the commencement of the function.
- The natural pool is dependent upon weather conditions for its water capacity. Tumbling Waters Retreat can bear no responsibility for the play of nature.
- The bridal party must bid their guests farewell inside the dining area / atrium lower deck area and not in the car park.
- Guests must leave in a quiet and orderly manner so as not to disturb nearby residents – No beeping of horns etc. The Master of Ceremonies must mention this on completion of the reception and must be present to assist with the quiet and orderly departure of guests.
- Should Tumbling Waters Retreat receive a fine by Wollongong City Council due to excessive noise caused by guests attending the function; this fine will then be passed onto function organizer.
- Should the accommodation be booked by the bridal party or wedding guests, there is strictly no partying in guest’s suites after the function ends. A 50% deposit for all accommodation will need to be paid when the accommodation is booked – failure to pay the 50% deposit will result in no confirmation of the accommodation booking.
- The owners reserve the right to make changes to improve the business / property at their own discretion.
- Parking onsite is at your own risk.
- Tumbling Waters Retreat cannot accept any responsibility & refund for natural weather related events.
In the case of fire / natural disaster we will postpone / reschedule your wedding / accommodation to the next available date that is suitable to both parties. The retreat has a very good fire defence system with over 300 000 litres of water stored onsite and we work closely with the RFS - your safety is our priority.
Wedding/ function Date:
Name of Bride? Name of Groom ?
Parents Names ( Bride ) (Groom)
VIP guests ( e.g. Guests that may need some special assistance / disability etc)
Guests must arrive 30 minutes prior to the ceremony commencement.
Afternoon weddings guests must arrive at 4pm OR 3pm outside daylight saving.
At what time have you told your guests to arrive?
Afternoon weddings on a Sunday must start at 2 pm or 3 pm as we have a 9 pm council enforced curfew.
Do you have a friend that can help direct guests, announce speeches, and keep your function on time? Rest assured our team supervisor will liaise with your MC to ensure a smooth flow to the service and keep your function on time.
MC name ?
Your MC will need to assist the team supervisor with the following.
1 Ask guests to move to ceremony area 10 minutes before the ceremony is due to commence.
2 Identify guests with special diet needs to our team supervisor.
3 Ask guests to move inside and be seated ( sit down only)
4 Announce speeches / cutting of the cake / Bridal Waltz
5 Conclusion time It is important that your MC is aware of the function ending time in order for guests to depart the venue on time. Additional charges may apply should your function go over time.
We also ask that the MC remind guests to leave quietly as we are in a residential area and other guests staying at the retreat. All farewells in the glass atrium or lower terrace area ...........please no bimping of horns!!
Your MC may need to remind guests that we have a responsible service of alcohol policy and it is illegal for us to serve intoxicated or under aged guests.
How are your guests arriving to the Retreat?
Please note if your guests are arriving / leaving by taxi, the taxi service must be organised in advance.
Uber drivers are also available however it would be worth connecting with them well in advance. To book call Warren on 0419415660
A good contact for local transport is John Potter 0418 694 254 * must organise well in advance.
Helensburgh ride share : 0466812032
We have limited parking onsite and recommend onsite parking for the bridal party and elderly guests however adjacent the property there is a large car park see
We have allocated a minimum of 20 car spaces for your guests / your guests will be required to stack park.
Number of guests arriving by Bus and size of bus ?
If your guests are arriving by bus THE BUS company must be instructed NOT to leave the engine running as it disturbs nearby residents.
THEY ARE NOT PERMITTED TO REVERSE as the noise of the reversing alarm disturbs nearby residents.
The bus can park at the bus stop adjacent our property OR park and wait for your guests in the adjacent council car park. THEY CAN ALSO TURN AROUND IN THIS AREA.
The bus must park as close to the retreat as possible and your guests must leave quietly.
HEAVY PENALTIES APPLY IF THIS CONDITION OF OUR OPERATION IS IGNORED we have bus companies that we recommend listed on our website wedding section helpful information thanks in advance.
Name and number of bus company?
What time have you told the Bus to arrive at Tumbling Waters for the wedding ?
What time have you told the Bus to arrive at Tumbling Waters to take the guests home?
*** Number of guests attending ceremony only?
$20 per person, includes a glass of sparkling wine and roasted nuts. These guests must leave 30 minutes after the conclusion of the ceremony.
We provide arrival beverages for your guests, sparkling, red, white wine, soft drinks and orange juice 30 minutes before your ceremony is due to start.
Please note iced water and juice is available for your guests on arrival in the reception area.
How many people do you have in the bridal party including the Bride and Groom?
We have a permanent wedding Arbor onsite and isle that you are welcome to add your own decorations or leave natural.
Would you like beautiful champagne gold Tiffany chairs set up for the ceremony? YES / NO
If yes, how many?
Please note that we do provide 20 chairs as part of your package (additional chairs provided at $6 per chair)
Florist who will be delivering your flowers ? Please make sure your florist takes away all large delivery boxes, alternatively you will be required to take home with you after your wedding / following day.
Who will be doing your added decorations to the venue / tables?
Will you be adding decorations to the wedding Arbor?
Should you wish to provide rose petals for the aisle a member of the TWR team will scatter the rose petals down the aisle for you. NOTE no silk petals, confetti, fireworks, balloons are not permitted as we are surrounded by the National Park.
Are you planning on bringing rose petals ( outside only ) ?
Ceremony Commencement Time ?
Name of Celebrant ?
Should your celebrant need a microphone they will need to bring their own.
How long do you anticipate your Ceremony to go for?
(Duration of Ceremony usually goes for approx. 15 - 25 minutes)
What music have you planned? IPODS / iPhone / iPad are compatible with the retreats sound system. * Please make sure that the music is actually down loaded onto the devise , high quality.
What have you got planned for your ceremony music ? e.g. String quartet live music
Would you like a member of the TWR team to play your music for you as you walk down the aisle?
Please ensure playlists are in the following order.
1/ Guests arrival music this will be the music that will be played when your guests start to arrive.
2/ Ceremony music e.g. Ceremony walk down the aisle, followed by songs you wish to have played during the signing.
3/ After the ceremony music followed by dining music
2/ Bridal waltz followed by dance music.
Sorry MP3 players or USB sticks do not work with our sound system.
Should you wish to use a playlist from your iPhone you will need to switch the phone to flight mode.* Please make sure that the music is actually down loaded onto the devise.
Best is to have a 2-3 minute song to walk down the aisle, gives you more time to enjoy the moment, and 3-5 songs for signing. Should you decide to use the TWR sound system a member of our team will start the music as you walk down the aisle and phase the music out when you reach the end of the aisle. NOTE The TWR team are not DJ,s if you wish to have multiple stopping / starting coordination of songs throughout your function / wedding you will need to hire a DJ.
Please have the Bridal waltz on a separate playlist followed by dance music.
As we are in a residential area the property is not suitable for loud bands, there is always plenty of dancing at Tumbling Waters however please be advised that your choice of music ? band must comply with our operational requirements and ambience of the property. All amplified music must be played in doors and music must not be heard from the boarders of our property.
Band or DJ name ?
Contact number ?
Photographer / Videographer’s name/s ?
Contact number/s ?
Are you planning to stay onsite for all your photos ( recommended ) OR go to the Beach as well?
If you are having a sit down wedding please can you let your photographer know what time guests are being seated.
This information will be sent to you on a run sheet after you return the checklist to us. Package times can also be found on our website in the wedding / function under the package you have selected.
*** Wedding/ function Package Selected
6 hour gold sit-down / cocktail includes 1 hour for your ceremony
5 hour silver sit-down / cocktail includes 1 hour for your ceremony
4 hour bronze sit-down includes 1 hour for your ceremony
Buffet Lunch / Dinner 4.5 hours includes 1 hour for your ceremony
4 hour high tea includes 1 hour for your ceremony
4 hour Grazing table party package
Beverages are served before and after the ceremony it is important that all your guests are well looked after , all of our packages can be extended to allow more time after the ceremony for photos.
Would you like to extend the package you have selected? YES / NO
If so, duration?
*Estimated adult guest numbers including bride and groom ?
*Teenagers and names ?
$65 per child
Name/s and age/s ?
Kids are served before the entree with a sit down wedding OR before the 1st bowl item with cocktail weddings.
Please note final numbers and payment is due 3 weeks before your wedding.
*Number of Crew Meals Required includes non-alcoholic beverages $85 ?
Name/s and service/s
(i.e. photographer/DJ) Normal practice is should the photographer / DJ be required for more than 3 hours you should provide a meal for them. Please note contractors meals are served after the guests are served. They are seated in the atrium or outside terrace area weather permitting.
Tumbling Waters is a small boutique retreat everything on our menus are made fresh onsite, therefore we are unable to invite you for food tastings. To get our chef to prepare all these items on our menu for you to taste would take many hours of preparation and cost a small fortune.
Dining on the Edge is opened on a Saturday evening & select dates midweek, it is a set chefs menu with similar items to our wedding / function menus and includes our house wines ( the same wine that is served at weddings ) Please see for more information.
......The perfect way for you and your family to experience the food, wine, service and ambiance at Tumbling Waters Retreat.
The following menus are our chefs recommendations, which have been designed taking into consideration our most popular dishes as well as the requisites for a well balanced meal, with matched flavors. Full menu options can be found on our website in the wedding / function
The Chefs Recommended Menu:
SIT DOWN MENU
Gold package select 2 courses alternate serve
Silver, Bronze and lunch package select 1 course
King prawn, spicy watermelon, avocado with coriander and lime dressing King prawn, spicy watermelon, avocado with coriander and lime dressing ( gluten and dairy free)
Pork belly, roasted pumpkin, Asian herbs salad, orange and Sichuan pepper glaze
Slow cooked lamb, quinoa, mint and sweet corn salad ( gluten free )
Sit Down Main
Gold / Silver sit down packages select 2 courses alternate serve Bronze packages select 1
Roasted cornfed chicken breast with garlic pomme puree, spinach, prosciutto, preserved lemon and sage (gluten free)
Crispy skin salmon, saffron pilaf rice, mussels, chorizo, braised Mediterranean vegetables (dairy and gluten free)
Prime beef filet with sweet potato gratin, seasonal green vegetables, shallot and red wine jus (gluten free)
Gold package select 2
All other packages select 1
*Belgium chocolate and hazelnut pannacotta with Dacquoise biscuits and macerated strawberries
Date and banana pudding with fudge, vanilla, pistachio praline ice cream, raspberry
Mixed berry bavarois with mint, limoncello, salty macadamia and dark chocolate wafer
Belgian chocolate cake, ganache and mixed berry coulis. This can be presented as a wedding cake and served for dessert
Sit Down gold package select 2
Gold cocktail package select 6.
Silver packages select 4.
*Crispy chick pea and Parmesan chip with aioli (vegetarian)
Japanese popcorn chicken with ponzu mayonnaise
Kaffir lime and coconut crusted prawn with wasabi mayonnaise (dairy free)
Crispy pork belly with sweet and sour sauce and papaya salad (diary free/gluten free)
chicken korma mini cup with cucumber, ginger and mint salsa(diary free)
tartar of snapper, finger lime, chive and salmon roe on crostini
Twice cooked three cheese soufflé with fig chutney and walnut (vegetarian)
*beetroot and five spice duck tartlet with orange and cardamom glaze
Chilli salted calamari on Thai style salad
Poached chicken, avocado and lemon burrito with mild Jalapeno salsa ranchera (dairy free)
Classic beef, mushroom and bacon pie
Thai chicken curry pie
Roaming Cocktail Entrée / Main
Served in a white china bowl.
Gold package select 2 items
Silver package select 2 OR 1 only if you have selected a dessert.
Char grilled beef with cumin roasted mixed potato, rocket, cherry tomato, mild chilli lime dressing
Moroccan style fish stew with chick pea and jasmine rice (gluten free/ diary free)
Indian butter chicken, basmati rice and mango chutney (gluten free)
Black caviar lentil tabouli salad (vegetarian diary free)
Liquorice root panna cotta, strawberries, Cointreau, sesame tuile
Date and banana pudding with fudge, vanilla, pistachio praline ice cream, raspberry
Belgian chocolate cake, ganache and mixed berry coulis. This can be presented as a wedding cake and served for dessert
Crumbed chicken breast with double cooked potato wedges and chunky tomato sauce
Vanilla ice cream with fresh fruit and an array of sweet treats.
A member of our team will liaise with the children’s parents as to what time the children’s meals are to be served. Usually we serve the kids first.
The guests with allergies / food intolerances e.g. vegetarians / gluten free, will be specially catered for by our chef, you do not need to select menu items for these guests.
All we need from you are their names, and the details e.g. Margie vegetarian but eats seafood. George lactose intolerant.
You will need to advise these guests to make them selves know to the Tumbling Waters Retreat team on arrival.
It is important that you make a note on your wedding invitations that the venue requires information allergies food intolerances so we can cater accordingly.
Special Dietary Requirements: *** Name/s and special dietary need/s ?
A vegan / vegetarian meal is provide to meet most allergy / diet intolerances. We do not cater for any specific diet whims e.g seafood only etc
Please note that, as per your package selected, the service of alcohol must cease 30 minutes prior to the end of a function this is the law the bar remains open for non alcoholic beverages only.
All our packages include, premium red, white, sparkling wine, soft drinks, mineral water, orange juice, self serve juice / water station, selection of teas and freshly brewed coffee .
You will need to BYO your own spirits ( two varieties permitted only ) and beer ( two varieties permitted only )
BYO beer and BYO spirits is permitted with all our packages, all beverages must be served by the TWR team. Please ensure all BYO beverages are bought to the retreat at least 1 hour prior to your function package is due to start so they can be chilled down. On average 1 box of beer per 10 people pending the duration of the package, plus a few more if they are keen drinkers. BYO beverages that are not consumed will be returned to you at the end of the evening. Please remember to include a light option beer for your guests. FYI ....no red Bull is permitted.
When are you planning to bring your BYO beverages to the retreat ?
*** Have you emailed through your menu selection to email@example.com ? YES / NO
This information is required 2 months prior to your wedding
If we do not receive your menu selection 4 weeks prior to your wedding it will be assumed that you have decided to go with our chefs recommendations.
Sit Down Seating Plan
Sit Down and Lunch Packages Only
Please return this seating plan two weeks prior to your wedding along with your final numbers and names of guests with special diet needs.
Would you like to use the retreats decorations and table cloths ? Black or White
Note, we recommend black as it blends with the decor and disappears, and allows the outside views to be the feature. Also does not show up any unfortunate spills that may occur ( eg red wine )
Please remember you will need to provide name cards and menus..........helpful hint... if you do not want to do individual name cards and menus, 1 menu and a A 5 list of people that are seated at each table is fine....saves trying to allocate individual seating !!!!
For sitdown weddings we have round tables with a minimum of 6-8 people per table and a maximum of 10 people. For roaming cocktail weddings we have about 11 plus ( pending numbers ) small tables, please rest assured there are plenty of chairs and tables for everyone to be seated if they wish, keeping in mind the idea of this style of function is for everyone to mingle.
We will send the seating plan for sit down weddings in a separate email another email.
Speeches estimated duration ?
Number of Speeches ?
Time of Speeches ? After ENTREE ?
It is best to have the speeches after the entrée. If your speeches are greater than 20 minutes it is best to do them in two lots i.e 1 lot of speeches after entree and 1 lot after main. Speeches can commence as soon as the plates/ bowls are cleared.
When would you like to cut the cake?
Best time is ASAP after the main meal has been cleared.
Are you planning on doing a bridal waltz? YES / NO
Best after cutting the cake or dessert.
If you are providing your own music, please have the bridal waltz separate followed by the music you wish to dance to after the bridal waltz.
Do you require the Retreat’s selection of table decorations YES / NO
Sit-Down Wedding Only:
Where would you like the round bridal table placed in the room?
Best is under the large mirror. That way you can get a good view of all the tables, the dance floor and the ocean view.
Who will be making and delivering your cake?
The cake can be set up on the table under the mirror this area is also used for placing gifts/wishing well.
Due to limited refrigeration space we are unable to keep wedding cakes in fridges …sorry about this.
Would you like us to cut and serve the cake? YES / NO
Please note there is no charge for us to cut and serve your wedding cake, there may be a charge should you require us to put the cake in your cake boxes/bags. In this case, boxes/ bags must be provided, made up ready for packing.
Would you like to keep the top layer of your wedding cake? YES / NO
Please note the option to keep the top layer of the wedding cake does not apply if you are planning to have the Tumbling Waters Retreat Belgium Chocolate cake for dessert.
The name of the person in charge of gifts/cake/*wishing well after your wedding ?
Please note we have a wishing well gift box that you are welcome to use.
Are you planning to do the farewell circle and throwing of the bouquet in the glass atrium?
YES / NO
If so guests must move to the atrium 15-10 minutes prior to the end of the function.
Please note bookings for accommodation can be made online via our website, www.twr.com.au, or call 4294 1888. To avoid disappointment bookings are best made in advance.
Most room types have a minimum two night stay especially on a weekend.
The Luxury Suite with its very own steam room and 10 meter wet edge pool is the perfect choice should you wish to stay the night before your wedding with your brides maids and get ready onsite the following morning.
Total 5 Bridesmaids 1 x king size bed and 3 single pull out beds.
The tariff of $150 per person per night applies if there is more than 2 people occupying the suite with the pool and includes breakfast. *
An additional tariff of $125 per person applies and includes breakfast all other room types recommended maximum one additional person.
Are you planning on having more than 2 people in a suite / room? If so how many people and what room have you booked?
Have you booked accommodation at Tumbling Waters on behalf of your guests ?
If so we will need the names of all the people staying and what room they will be staying in as well as an email and mobile contact number.
Final payment for all accommodation booked is due 3 weeks before your wedding.
If you are staying please note
All Dining options / platters must be booked well in advance of your stay. Please see our website for more.
Our House keeping team will attend to the room the bride and groom is staying in during your wedding.
* Please note strictly no large guest hosted private party groups are permitted at Tumbling Waters
Should you wish to host a private party in your room or suite you will need to book alternate accommodation.....apologies in advance but we are a small boutique accommodation and we simply do not permit guests hosting private parties within Tumbling Waters Retreat.
Have you advised all contractors’, hairdressers / makeup artists etc, of our front gate security access code1234 E and your suite number? YES / NO
Your contractors will need to know this code as our front gates are only opened 30 minutes prior to the scheduled arrival times of your guests.
For security reasons a copy of a valid credit card must be supplied to TWR Management and the owner of the property reserves the right to debit the credit card for any outstanding funds, loss or damage to the property and business caused by clients / guests during or following the reception. credit card supplied. Yes / No.
Thank you for reading & filling out the checklist.....we will get back to you ASAP with a run sheet.
The best word of advice is to relax & trust the experienced Tumbling Waters Retreat team our passion is weddings / functions we all LOVE what we do and we look forward to making your day a huge success.